Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No rest for the wicked

I spent all of last week working with my agency client to complete the first draft of the medication adherence report. It was mentally exhausting, so I forced myself to take a break and come home for lunch every day (their office is about a mile away from my house). On Wednesday, I was looking forward to a nice brainless lunch . . .

. . . but I had barely gotten through the front door when I heard my husband calling from the computer room, asking me to edit an article he was supposed to submit to our neighborhood paper. So I ate my lunch while perusing his copy, and then dashed back to my client's to complete my day's work.

Do you think I should charge my hubby for my editorial services?

3 comments:

Lori said...

Absolutely. The man owes you dinner. :)

I used to get this when my stepson was an undergrad. My daughter, thankfully, is in college for writing and communications, so her requests aren't so frequent (they'd better not be!).

It's like training pets, Amie. I taught them all to respect the study quarantine until 5 unless I emerged sooner or the house was on fire. Getting them to stop asking for help? Not possible. I like helping, but I know how to say no now, too. :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

I'd suggest bartering. One article edited oughta just about equal a cleaned bathroom. :)

Amie said...

Lori, my hubby is as ill-trained as our cats are, so you may be onto something there.

Angie, he and I have vastly different definitions of "clean." I'd really just be making more work for myself!