Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nothing to say

Once upon a time, when I didn't have regular projects and had lots of time on my hands, I posted every business day. Some days I had more to say than others, but I posted without fail.

But now that I am working pretty regularly (and not working from home), it's difficult for me to find the time to post--and when I do have the time, I find myself at a loss for anything to say. I started this blog with the crazy notion that I would be chronicling my adventures in freelancing . . .

Sigh.

I love what I'm doing, I love my clients, I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing for a living. But there's nothing terribly blogworthy about getting up and going to work.

So I'm faced with a decision: keep the blog going and just post when I have something to say, or give up the blog. If I choose the former, I risk becoming the kind of blogger I hate (well, perhaps hate is too strong a word)--the kind that doesn't provide regular updates. And if I choose the latter, I'll miss all the fun of blogging (and it is fun--when it doesn't seem like just another chore in my day).

I really don't know how bloggers like Lori and Angie do it--lead busy lives and still find the time to post thought-provoking, entertaining entries every day (sometimes even more than once a day!).

To all of you regular posters out there: what's the secret?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Lori manages to do it every day because Lori is a blabber mouth. :)

Seriously, I go through droughts. I think there's nothing more I can come up with, nothing more I can share. So I read. I read other blogs, I read articles, and I form opinions on what I read. And then I blabber. :))

My word verification here is "watiffis" - so maybe you should go through the "wattifis" - what if you stopped blogging? Where would you go when you want to just chill? How much would we miss you if you stopped (note--A LOT)? Isn't posting anything, even "I'm bored - entertain me, people!" better than disappearing and making Lori sad? :))

Amie said...

Thanks Lori, good advice as always!