Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random thoughts

Random thought #1
Sorry I didn't post yesterday--I was onsite at a client's office from 9:00 to 5:30. I bring this up because it's rare that I work an 8 (consecutive) hour day, and because the experience was so different from my cubefarm days. Back in the old 'farm, the minutes seemed to drag on for days. Even when I was busy, the time did not fly. But today, it seemed as if I got my morning cup of coffee, blinked, and the day was over. Just another example of how awesome it is to do work you love instead of slaving away at a soul-killing job.

Random thought #2
My husband showed me a YouTube video of some kayakers having a really bad day. Throughout the minute and a half of watery violence (to summarize, the first kayaker went over a waterfall and got sucked into a hydro--the rest of the video is a cautionary tale of what not to do when trying to rescue somebody from such a predicament), my hubby said things like "oh man," "whoa" and "that sucks." I, on the other hand, could say little more than "they spelled 'limit' wrong in their title." He's an adrenaline junkie, I'm a word junkie--I guess opposites really do attract.

1 comment:

Angie Ledbetter said...

LOL on R.T. #2. Terrible byproduct (by-product?) hehe of the writer/editor biz. Can't watch a movie without things jumping out either.