Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The search is on

At the suggestion of Jeremy at Mimeo.com (the company I work with to print proposals for the procrastinating client), I have been researching free PDF tools. When I was talking to him yesterday, I mentioned that I had downloaded a free trial of Adobe Acrobat, but that it expired last week. I really liked having the ability to add and delete pages from existing PDFs, and the edit and comment tools were handy too--but buying the Adobe software is not in my budget. He suggested I search PCWorld.com for a freeware version.

I found an online PDF editing tool called PDFVue. It's free for six months, beyond which I would need to begin my search anew. I've not attempted to use it yet.

Do any of you use this or other free PDF tools? Do you have any suggestions, recommendations, warnings, etc. for me?

3 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Dumb as dirt here. Sorry. :)

Lori said...

Gosh, there was one I used, but damn if I can remember it. Let me search. If I'm successful in finding it, I'll be back in touch. Meanwhile, try going over to Anne Wayman's About Freelance Writing (www.aboutfreelancewriting.com). It seems to me this was discussed on her forum over a year ago, but someone there may remember and be able to help.

Amie said...

Thanks Lori.