Thursday, August 14, 2008

The horror! The horror!

What is it with Hollywood? I said nothing when studio executives deemed it necessary to remake such classic films as The Nutty Professor and Dr. Doolittle. I turned a blind eye to the horrifying 1996 modernization of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I feigned indifference to remade horror films like The Hills Have Eyes and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

But I cannot stand idly by while they rework a true masterpiece of schlock, that pinnacle of midnight movies known as The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Okay, so maybe I can--and likely will--stand idly by. But I'll be grumbling the whole time. Hollywood, there are just some things you should leave well enough alone. Shame on you. May you be plagued by an angry horde of "unconventional conventionists".

2 comments:

Arikbo said...

This is bad!! Are not willing to pay for anything new & original? Next a "new & improved" Mary Poppins starring Angelina Jolie.

Amie said...

Okay, now THAT I would almost pay to see . . .

Thanks for your comment--here and on blogcatalog!