Monday, August 18, 2008

Bittersweet office supplies

My friend Carina is moving to Sweden. She's been sorting her belongings, trying to determine what is essential and what she can get rid of. I helped her for a few hours (okay, more like 7 hours--she has LOTS of belongings) yesterday. Lucky for me, she is as big a fan of office supplies as I am. I walked away with:
  • a business card organizer
  • 400 index cards and a box in which to store them
  • binder clips
  • document organizers
  • a 3-ring binder
  • several small notebooks
  • The Gregg Reference Manual
  • a microcassette recorder and tapes
  • a bunch of cute file folders
  • a paper cutter
I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. And, to be honest, I also felt a bit like a vulture . . . but she couldn't take everything with her, and at least she knows her things will have a good home. So thanks, Carina--and safe travels! I'll miss you. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.